About GNGNUK LTD is a British biosystems engineering company specialising in photo-bio lighting solutions. Founded in 2011, the company's main focus was to utilise developments in semiconductor technologies to advance artificially powered photo-bioreactor platforms. Since 2011 we have been conducting research and development in this area; working with leading semiconductor manufacturers to develop mechanical, optical, thermal and electrical elements to support the latest in LED emitter technology. In 2013 we opened a manufacturing facility in the UK in order to produce high quality, original lighting systems; designed specifically to meet the needs of our clients. Now, in 2018, we are looking to expand the application of our products; utilising the technology, expertise and bespoke components that we have developed over the last 7 years to seek innovative solutions to many of the challenges facing our ecosystems today.
What we do
GN designs and manufactures LED grow lights for photo-bio applications, including green waste water management, commercial floraculture and urban food gardens. We produce a range of systems specifically for horticulture; offer engineering design and prototype services for biomanufacturing platforms; and work with partners across our field to enhance knowledge through research led design.
Our latest line of products for horticulture is the Telos series; a range of top fixture lighting systems designed especially for growing taller plants in spaces with no access to natural light, or to supplement or extend natural lighting. The light intensity distribution of the Telos range has been calibrated to provide optimal light absorption through a stable, homogenised source, reducing 'hot spots' which can occur in other lighting products. As a high end horticultural product it offers excellent energy efficiency, is both robust and waterproof and provides a natural working light. Over the next year we plan to develop more horticultural solutions to support vertical farming, hobby and market gardens and the farming of micro herbs....
Research & developmentHere at GN we are continuously looking at the life cycle of all our systems and the developments in LED technology on the market. We make it our goal to always have the very latest and most efficient technology available in our products. We dedicate a large percentage of our time and turnover annually to research and development seeking to develop proprietary technological advancements that will:
- improve the integration and performance of LED emitter technology by advancing electrical, thermal and optical elements
- reduce cost per unit and increase energy efficiency to make our technology more accessible across a wider range of settings
- future-proof our systems so that todays technology is not superseded by ongoing developments in the industry
- advance the applied performance of the systems by looking at plant morphology and quantum yield
- design robust and reliable solutions that will work and last in harsh environments
- support the commercial use of grow lights through improved electrical safety and working visibility